Character Input Technology
A dictionary for elementary and junior high school students
that can be used comfortably and safely
- Point 1
Vocabulary matching interests
- Point 2
Displays kanji that
can't be read in hiragana
- Point 3
Inappropriate words you don't want
to be used will not appear
What is a Children's Dictionary?
- 1. Vocabulary category selection
- Preferentially register vocabulary for categories children often use
- 2. Supports kanji separated by grade level
- Dictionaries prepared for each school grade, so that kanji not yet learned are converted to hiragana
- 3. Elimination of inappropriate vocabulary
- Remove inappropriate words (violent/sexual/criminal words, etc.) that you don't want your children to use
Exclude difficult words not normally used by children
- Feature 1
- Vocabulary category selection
- Categories that children of the target age often use are selected (characters, comics, games, artists, elementary school terms, junior high school terms, etc.) and made into a dictionary.
* Can be customized by selecting which categories are necessary.
- Feature 2
- Supports kanji separated by grade level
- Displays candidate terms in hiragana for kanji not yet learned in the target grade.
|Input||Grade level||User||Candidate term display|
* Dictionary can also be separated into two-year units (1st/2nd grade, 3rd/4th grade, 5th/6th grade), three-year units (lower grades, upper grades), etc., as necessary.
|Grade||Number of kanji||Total number of kanji|
|JHS (7th to 9th grade)||1,130||2,136|
* Elementary school: MEXT "Current Education Guidelines, List of Kanji by School Year"
* Junior high school: Remaining regular-use kanji
- Feature 3
- Elimination of inappropriate vocabulary
- Words you don't want your children to use (insulting or attacking words, sexual words, words related to crime, etc.), words that aren't commonly used by children (words with difficult meanings, words without many chances for use), etc., are eliminated.
Removing a word eliminates it from the candidate terms and prevents it from being converted.
Click for product inquiries and questions
- corporate customer
Please select "Character input technology"+81-3-6718-3712
(Japanese language only)
Business hours: 9:00-17:30
(except Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays)
Personnel Division:Life Infrastructure Solution Division UX Solution Department
Shinagawa Front Building 7F, 2-3-13, Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0075, Japan